New Zealand is a beautiful Country situated in the southern part of the Pacific Ocean. It is made up of two main islands, and is roughly the size of Japan, California or Great Britain. Our cities, scenery and cultures are vibrant and diverse. New Zealand has a multi-cultural population of 4 million and is home to people from the Pacific Island, various parts of Asia, India, Africa, the Middle East and Europe. Indigenous Maori Make Up around 14 percent of the population.
Most major religions are represented in New Zealand and Human Rights Legislation Guarantees freedom from discrimination on the basis of religion, which is seen as a matter of personal choice. Major cities have churches, temples, mosques, synagogues and other centres of worship. Homestay families and student hostels can ensure that dietary requirements are respected.
Why New Zealand Education?
New Zealand’s education relationship with India is still relatively new, however New Zealand has quickly became a very popular study destination for Indian students.
There are various reasons for this:
- New Zealand has become a trusted provider of world-class education. New Zealand tertiary providers are innovative and provide programmes that are internationally recognized.
- Tertiary institutions provide flexible pathways between different levels of study, which gives students a variety of options to consider.
- New Zealand is known as a safe, clean and green country. New Zealand cities are lively and multi- cultural.
- New Zealand providers must be signatories to the Ministry of Education Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. This ensures a welcoming and supportive experience for students.
- The cost of studying in New Zealand compares favourably with destinations such as Australia, UK, USA and Ireland.
- Qualifications from recognized Indian Universities are accepted in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Education System
The Overall number of international students in New Zealand during 2008 is estimated to be over 90,000, with a growing trend towards longer stays and higher level study. The quality of a New Zealand education is well recognized internationally and because we based our education system on the British system it is possible to complete an undergraduate degree in New Zealand and a Post graduate degree in another English- speaking country.
New Zealand degrees have a reputation around the world for being practical, Modern and desirable. In some niche areas such as biotechnology, forensic science and marine engineering, New Zealand degrees and programmes are recognized internationally. In developing countries of Asia and the South Pacific it is not ususual to find senior executives and administrators, including cabinet ministers and even prime ministers, who have been educated in New Zealand.
The New Zealand Qualifications Authority Part of the Ministry of Education, keeps the register of all quality assured qualifications available in New Zealand tertiary institutions and secondary Schools. All qualifications are described according to common criteria.